Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yet another cool tool - Livebrush

Thanks to a heads up by Andrew, I had my Year 8 students download the free version of Livebrush today.


Now, I'm no graphics person, at least from a design perspective, but what captured my attention from the Livebrush site was a couple of their sample files. I know I've always wanted to have an idea of how to so some of this stuff - just lack the motivation to actually do it! Once I showed them to the students, well, in less than 30 minutes there were plenty of "ooohs" and "aaahhhs".


But there were also the "how do I do this?", "Where are the colours?" and the usual response from me "no idea" (which is true), "but you find out and create a short Jing cast to let others know." Within minutes huge learning of several new tools (Jing is still new to this class, as is the notion of an e-portfolio which they are creating using Google Sites).

The power of digital technologies to ignite learning experiences with students, and the occasional old teacher too!, never ceases to amaze me. We are so lucky to live and work in education in these times - we owe it to students to keep pushing the boundaries.

So thanks, Livebrush. Keep up the great work.

1 comment:

  1. wow! Thanks for the thoughtful review. I'm so happy to hear you had your students use it. Colors are much easier to change in the new 1.1 update. You can download the lite update from the directly from the site. Feel free to post student work to our facebook page or the livebrush forum.

    ReplyDelete