Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aviary - my find of the year?

I'm on a bit of a crusade at the moment to see what open source or web 2.0 options exist for a wide range of applications that we use at school. Now, apart from the likes of the standard OpenOffice or Google Docs, more "exotic" options for video editing, photo editing and audio creation online have been varied in quality- and in the case of video editing the landscape has changed a lot this past year. Today I ended up at Aviary via a tweet from someone (it's alzheimers I tell you). While it doesn't boast video editing, the rest of the suite looks awesome.
Here's the intro video from their main site




...and this is the one that caught my eye from their new audio tool, Myna




I'll be using these tools with my Year 8 Digital Technologies class in Term 4 - that'll give me an idea of how they perform over a wireless network and how 12 and 13 year olds respond to this software.

But if it works half as well as the demo's suggest - we'll have a ball. It looks a cool tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment