Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nice one Apple ... not!

Now, let me start this by saying that I've been an Apple fan for a long time - in fact I worked with and for Apple over a number of years from 1987 to 2000. Apple do make some seriously cool products. While the school I work at is predominantly a Windows laptop environment I have an iMac at home and an iPod touch, and more recently have had this great little iPad to work on. 

I bought the iPad outside of the Apple channel in NZ as the device only went on the market in NZ today. 

And this is the source of my beef with Apple. You see, I registered with Apple for notifications about the iPad as soon as you could on the NZ store site. I did the same on the Apple Australia store. Two weeks before the iPad went on sale in Australia I got an email from them telling me I could order on line - except being in NZ they wouldn't ship. But at least I got an email!

But any info from the NZ website? Nope. Even after the news broke a few days ago that the iPad was to go on sale from today, nothing. In fact the Apple NZ store doesn't even have them listed as of today! Go figure that.

So - why the hell did they bother with the registration for notifications of the iPad? Just to annoy me? They probably succeeded. What do they intend to do with the database of emails they collected?

I guess I won't hold out any more hope to get an iPhone notification - they are due here end of next week, but I don't expect Apple will let anyone know.

Strange behavior for a company that is supposed to sell things.

 


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment