Monday, July 6, 2009

More on Free

Just read this article from WIRED on Chris's new book FREE. There are 3 videos in the article - watch the second one first and if this one gets you thinking, then watch the other ones too ... in any event read the article.

We're on the verge of something big in education ... this is another piece starting to fall in to place for me ...

I also read Scott McLeod's post on the Florida Virtual School and 360Ed and the $ they have poured into an online game for students ... not free ... then I watch my 11 year old and his stop motion Lego Batman (used to be Lego Starwars and Indiana Jones) ... there is a huge array of this type of stuff on Youtube ... and piles of (to me, anyway) more useful stuff for an educator ... all free, though it costs me time to find it - still faster than creating it though.

Free - the future of education???

No comments:

Post a Comment